By Ziad Issa MD, John M. Miller MD
With its distinct, singular specialise in the medical point of cardiac arrhythmias, Clinical Arrhythmology and Electrophysiology: A better half to Braunwald's center Disease makes it effortless to use modern-day newest directions for analysis and remedy. a professional writer crew offers clear, clinically concentrated guidance on all kinds of cardiac arrhythmias, together with practical concepts for dealing with complicated patients.
- Find the knowledge you would like quickly with a constant association in all chapters, written to a template that indicates each arrhythmia kind in an analogous manner.
- Access the totally searchable contents online at www.expertconsult.com, as well as downloadable photos and dynamic video clips.
- Fully comprehend the explanation for therapy of particular arrhythmias with useful innovations which are grounded within the latest easy science.
- Stay modern with new chapters on molecular mechanisms of cardiac electric task, cardiac ion channels, ventricular tachycardia in nonischemic dilated cardiomyopathy, epicardial ventricular tachycardia, ventricular arrhythmias in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ventricular arrhythmias in inherited channelopathies, ventricular arrhythmias in congenital center affliction, atrial arrhythmias in congenital center affliction, and problems of catheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmias.
- View video clips of 27 key recommendations online, together with optical mapping of reentrant ventricular arrhythmias, three-d mapping of arrhythmias utilizing assorted mapping and navigation modalities, and fluoroscopy pictures illustrating concepts for electrophysiologic catheter positioning, atrial septal puncture, and pericardial access.
- Gain a brand new realizing of scorching topics equivalent to mechanisms of arrhythmias, electrophysiologic trying out, mapping and navigation modalities, ablation power resources, sinus node disorder, conduction disturbances, atrial tachyarrhythmias, preexcitation syndromes and every kind of ventricular and supraventricular tachycardias.
Tackle the medical administration of cardiac arrhythmias with self belief with the main updated assistance from the specialists you trust.
Your buy entitles you to entry the website until eventually the following version is released, or until eventually the present variation isn't any longer provided on the market by way of Elsevier, whichever happens first. If the following variation is released lower than three hundred and sixty five days after your buy, you'll be entitled to on-line entry for three hundred and sixty five days out of your date of buy. Elsevier reserves the proper to provide an appropriate alternative product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based digital model) should still entry to the website be discontinued
Read or Download Clinical arrhythmology and electrophysiology : a companion to Braunwald's heart disease PDF
Best cardiovascular books
Pathology of unexpected Cardiac dying presents a finished evaluate of cardiovascular issues. whereas unexpected cardiac loss of life may perhaps basically be noticeable as an arrhythmogenic occasion, this really represents the minority of situations. For the overwhelming majority, there's an underlying anatomic illness of the cardiovascular procedure accountable for the last word hemodynamic cave in referred to as surprising cardiac demise.
The extension of traditional M-mode to two-dimensional echocardiography has been a big strengthen for the evaluate and administration of cardiac illness. Their mixed use is perfect for a entire research of anatomy and constitution functionality and therefore most sensible serving the sufferer. This e-book severely examines the validity of the functions of those extremely sound thoughts in universal cardiac problems.
This targeted publication may help psychiatrists to appreciate greater the hazards of cardiovascular ailment and cardiologists to understand attainable pathophysiological hyperlinks with psychiatric conditions. It describes the typical psychiatric stipulations, their key positive aspects and the way they could impression heart problems, results, and caliber of existence.
The scientific Cardiac Electrophysiology guide is a succinct presentation of all of the functional info that's had to comprehend the subtleties of cardiac electrophysiology and the administration of arrhythmias. a spotlight at the find out how to know about the techniques used to spot, diagnose, and deal with a huge diversity of cardiac rhythm problems.
- Blood Pressure Monitoring in Cardiovascular Medicine and Therapeutics
- Podrid’s Real-World ECGs:A Master’s Approach to the Art and Practice of Clinical ECG Interpretation. Volume 1, The Basics.
- Pulmonary Hypertension - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Vascular Medicine: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 1e
- Complementary and Integrative Therapies for Cardiovascular Disease
- Perfusion for Congenital Heart Surgery: Notes on Cardiopulmonary Bypass for a Complex Patient Population
Additional resources for Clinical arrhythmology and electrophysiology : a companion to Braunwald's heart disease
IKACh is more prominent in atrial tissue, as well as in the sinus node and AVN, and is largely absent in the ventricles. 16,34 IKACh mediates vagal influences on sinus rate and atrial repolarization, as well as AVN conduction. Activation IKACh by acetylcholine hyperpolarizes the Em and shortens action potential duration. Adrenergic stimulation via β1-receptor-mediated signaling increases the amplitude of constitutively active current, whereas α1a- stimulation decreases IKACh. 16 PHARMACOLOGY IKACh activity can be stimulated by intracellular ATP, the phospholipid phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate (PIP2) and ETA endothelin, A opioid, and α2-adrenergic agonists.
16,42 It is still unclear whether opening of KATP channels has completely proarrhythmic or antiarrhythmic effects. Increased K+ conductance should stabilize the Em during ischemic insults and reduce the extent of infarct and ectopic pacemaker activity. TASK-1 (KCNK3) and TASK-3 (KCNK9) subunits are functional when associated as homodimers or heterodimers. TASK channels display strong basal currents with very fast activation and inactivation kinetics. 44 Several members of the K2P channel family are expressed in the heart and in the systemic or pulmonary circulations, and some contribute to background K+ currents and the control of Em in vascular smooth muscle cells.
The affected members had normal QT intervals. 3,34 ACQUIRED DISEASES IK1 is downregulated in patients with severe heart failure and cardiomyopathy. The ventricular myocytes from patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy exhibit decreased channel activity, longer action potential duration, and a lower resting Em than those from patients with ischemic cardiomyopathy. 4 (encoded by KCNJ5) α subunits. IKACh is a receptor-activated Kir channel; it has large cytoplasmic domains that harbor specific binding sites for cytosolic effectors (G proteins).
Clinical arrhythmology and electrophysiology : a companion to Braunwald's heart disease by Ziad Issa MD, John M. Miller MD